Contact us at email@example.com
Participants explore time management strategies and tools for effectively managing expanding workloads, shifting priorities, and increasing demands. Practice prioritizing “Important” versus “Urgent” activities. Emphasis on analyzing current use of time, identifying organizational goals, roles and priorities, discovering gaps to achieving goals and apply time management tools to the gaps for completing important priorities first.
Time Management Skills For Employees And Managers
- Identification of personal and business roles related to time management
- Identify long-term and short-term goals.
- Apply the matrix to determine and validate priorities by differentiating “urgent” from “important”.
- Assess yourself in 5 key areas of time management
- Describe how to integrate priorities into daily routines.
- Apply realistic and effective methods to defeat procrastination.
- Explore Time Management Technology Tools
- Develop a Strategic Time Management Plan
Technology and Time Management Strategies
- Online calendars and email management strategies
- Web based applications to share documents and collaborate on projects
- Simply keep track and manage multiple projects and tasks associated for each (Google Keep or Evernote)
- Project management for non- project managers
- Tablets and smartphones – how to catch up with tasks on the go
- Become more mindful about your technology use
The People Side of Time Management
Communication skills for improving your results, including sending and receiving, interferences that hinder good communications, active listening, body language, I messages, personality styles as they impact communications, and more.
Participants take a survey on the characteristics of unproductive meetings. Next, we address the characteristics and how to make meetings more productive. This includes types of meetings and what to do before, during and after the meeting. We provide a meeting agenda planning guide and explain how to use it to design better meetings.
Sample Time Management Application Activity:
Create a time management strategy and/or training program utilizing the time management 4 quadrant model. The strategy will include developing a team mission statement, assessing core team values and roles, identifying and prioritizing workplace duties and tasks to minimize constant reactions to perceived urgencies. Additionally, recommendations will be written to minimize distractions and maximize the use of technology (Ex, calendars, applications and email) in the workplace.