Legendary Basketball Coach John Wooden said, “Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.” The obvious point he was making is that everyone makes mistakes. Everyone fails, sometimes. So what. Pull your big boy/girl pants up and deal with it.
What you do about your failures, the attitude you choose, makes all the difference.
- The Forget about it Attitude
No one is perfect. Once in awhile everyone makes mistakes. It happens. Don’t spend time worrying about it, cooperate with the inevitable and focus on what you are doing.
- The Don’t sweat the small stuff Attitude
Forget the small stuff. letting go of smaller mistakes will sharpen your focus so you can catch the larger ones before they happen.
- The Don’t worry about what you can’t change Attitude
Deal with your defects and move on. Letting go of the past helps you focus on what’s next.
- The Learn from your mistakes Attitude
You made a mistake, so what! Figure out why, make a note and move on. Making even a mental note will help remind you to be more careful next time.
- The “IN GOD WE TRUST” Attitude If you don’t have the peace that comes from God, I’m sorry for you. If you don’t want to have anything with God’s name on it, I’ll help you find somewhere to put your money.
- The Eat Oatmeal Attitude Your body needs plenty of the right kinds of food.
- The Get plenty of rest Attitude. Many times silly mistakes are made simply because you’re tired. Make sure you get enough sleep.