Stress. Everyone has it. You can can reduce your stress level by shifting your perspective. Sound simple? It can be… for instance:
- A full week getaway on a tropical beach is not looking possible, so rethink it to a weekend away.
- Working out five days a week isn’t happening. Three days a week with a good buddy is entirely possible.
- Repainting the living room: Possible; hire someone!
- Posting three times a day on all social media while moving forward on projects. Not possible. Get real help or a helpful app.
- Lose ten pounds this month. How about five?
- Hire a coach and/or enroll in a course to reduce stress and up productivity. Doable! Just do it:).
It helps to shift your perspective by stepping back and viewing the problem/task/relationship without emotion and this is how:
- Center yourself and clear your mind with three relaxation breaths.
- List the pros and cons of each aspect of the event or person involved.
- Ask yourself what is the worst that can happen if?
- Visualize positive outcomes with positive, doable goals.