I’m grateful for the specific body that I have. I’m grateful that, even though it is half paralyzed and unable to function as it did before my motorcycle crash, the parts of it that do work are working well and I’m not in constant or recurring pain.
I’m grateful for the many opportunities I’ve had to learn life changing lessons. Some of these lessons have been painful. Thankfully I’ve been blessed with the resilience to literally get up and keep plodding forward every time I fall down and feel like quitting.
I’m grateful for the many people who have been placed in my life. The following list is off the top of my head, is in no way complete and will be added to as additional names and other things come to mind:
· Healthy and happy parents who love me and who are of sufficient spiritual depth to be able to express that love in meaningful ways.
· A younger brother who anybody would be proud and happy to have in their gene pool.
· My girlfriend Bonnie who is quick with a smile, a laugh, an encouraging word or a well timed expression of profound insight.
· World traveling speaker, coach, trainer Michael Buschmohle who has given me well over a decade of guidance in things pertaining to speaking, writing and sharing my experiences and areas of expertise with the world.
· Katherine Peal who I met on the bus 20 some years ago and who has continually encouraged my comedic efforts when all I had going for me was the God-given Winners-Don’t-Quit Attitude that is one reason why I’m walking and joking again.
· Eric Robson who has been my friend since 1986 and who has been everything from a go-to-concert buddy to a source of encouragement and inspiration as I’ve watched him hold true to his goal of creating music for the world despite having to deal with incidents and occurrences that have stopped many.
· Rich Dover who strengthened my speaking desires and chances for success by getting me started in the cyber world of websites and blogs.
· Dr. Ron Marquardt whose keen insight provided in a matter of days, the idea and focus that years of previous input had somehow missed.
· The time, the clearness of vision and the attention to detail it took to play a major role in designing and building my own website.
· The freedom to choose my Attitude. (This freedom comes with so many far reaching tentacles that even coming close to doing it justice will require a post of its own.)