Sandra Ford Walston
Sandra has provided a variety of skill-based programs for some of the most respected public and private blue-chip businesses in the world, including Caterpillar, Inc., Procter & Gamble, Hitachi Consulting, Agrium, Inc. (Calgary), IBM, Hensel Phelps, IBM, Wide Open West, US Bank, and the Healthcare Association of New York State. Over the past twenty years, Sandra has trained over 6,000 individuals (letters of recommendation available upon request). She is also certified in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® and Enneagram. All presentations are customized to fit the client’s needs; a few sample programs are listed below:
• “Courageous Leadership—An INside Job!”
• “Time Management: How Innate Preferences Affect the Way You Work”
• “Communication Preferences: How to Communicate with People from Another Planet”
• “Women Working with Courage—How to Claim It, Apply It and Rely on It at Work”
• Executive Coaching for teams or one-on-one when applicable • “I Wish I’d Had More Courage!”
• “Inserting the Value of the MBTI®: Who Am I in the Work Environment”
• “The Enneagram: An Introduction of Nine Ways of Living and Working”
Additionally, with over twenty years of experience with finance professionals, and a former Vice President of Private Banking, for 18 years Sandra has instructed many of the programs listed above at the University of Denver. Sandra’s articles have been featured in Chief Learning Officer, Training & Development, Accelerate (Malaysia), Zig Ziglar’s Newsletter, Personal Excellence: The Magazine of Life Leadership, Real Simple, and Strategic Finance. She is certified in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and presents programs to corporations such as “Who Am I in the Work Environment—Inserting the Value of the MBTI®” and she is certified in the Enneagram, a system of understanding nine different personality types.
She is also a certified coach.
Certified Newfield Network Coach
Certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
Sandra is the internationally published author of three books based on over twenty years of original courage research:
Award-winning and bestseller COURAGE: The Heart and Spirit of Every Woman/Reclaiming the Forgotten Virtue endorsed by Marianne Williamson and Jack Canfield, to name a few.
Her second book and follow-up to COURAGE, The COURAGE Difference at Work: A Unique Success Guide for Women, is about courage consciousness actions for women at work, and her third book
FACE IT! 12 Courageous Actions that Bring Success at Work and Beyond, is not about how to get a job, but about learning to use courageous techniques to overcome work-related obstacles—such as uncertainty, intimidation, denial, apathy and self-doubt. This book is read in corporations.
Sandra is originally from California and now lives in Denver, Colorado. She enjoys golf, skiing, yoga, travel, cooking, meditation, reading, and being an 11th Hour hospice volunteer.
Time Management: How Preferences Affect the Way You Work Courageous Leadership—An INside Job!
Communication Preferences: How to Communicate with People from another Planet
Women Working with Courage—How to Claim It, Apply It and Rely on It at Work
Who Am I in the Work Environment—Inserting the Value of the MBTI® The Enneagram: An Introduction of Nine Ways of Living and Working
Sandra’s class was unique in that it was presented so that all of the firm members were actively involved versus a typical program where the presentation is PowerPoint driven and people tune out (especially after lunch).
Some of our team members’ comments included:
• “I have never attended a professional education class like Sandra’s and this is criticism in a good way. If I were to think of one word that described the class ‘Dazzled’ comes to mind.” Comments from “Leadership in Excellence” Program (East Lansing, MI 2014-2017) “Sandra spoke on ‘Courageous Leadership—An INside Job!’ to two different audiences. Sandra and I, Senior Human Resources Training and Development Specialist, worked together to formulate an impactful message of courage and leadership. It was Sandra’s twenty years of original research and thorough knowledge of the discussion that made this possible and the session successful. Her boundless energy, commitment to quality, enthusiasm and passion for life are authentic and are not just there on the days of training, but begin way back on the first initial contact in January and continued throughout the development process. Sandra was simply a pleasure to work with and I absolutely look forward to having her return next year and beyond. Thank you Sandra for a job well done!” Comments from University of Denver “Who Am I in the Work Environment—Inserting the Value of the MBTI®”:
• “Excellent examples! Sandra kept my attention the entire time; I did not look at the clock hourly! Sandra has great energy-I look forward to taking future courses with her.” Comments from the Business Opportunity Council (BOC): “The Business Opportunity Council would like to acknowledge and thank Sandra Ford Walston, The Courage Expert, for her inspirational and thought-provoking keynote – ‘Courageous Leadership – An INside Job!’ delivered at the Business Opportunity Council’s Annual Holiday Luncheon. She was encouraging, focused, and exceptionally knowledgeable, and engaged our members in a lively discussion about courageous leadership. No matter what role you possess, from employee to employer there will be times you need to step up and lead and Sandra’s extensive research on the topic of courageous leadership proved useful and applicable to our audience. Sandra definitely met our expectations! Sandra was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her as a motivational speaker to any group.”